18 February 2014

Creative Home Decor Hacks

It's one of those buzz words, hacks.  Often, there are the type where computers and credit cards are compromised, creating mayhem for many.  There are, however, some very cool home decor hacks showing up around the blogosphere that I thought worthy of highlighting.  I love how they make me think outside of the box, and create a source of "I gotta try this" inspiration.  Keeps me pumped!


The photography on a blog of a gal from Brazil is vibrant and eye-catching.  She featured a wooden crib (she calls it a "cot")  transformed into a craft and storage desk.  It has a great look and appears quite easy to do.


love the storage capacity

Cute little patio or porch accent table from Good Housekeeping, crafted from old shutters.



This bathroom sink makeover is quite unique, and perhaps not for everyone -  but pretty cool, just the same.  Sold for $2500.



Benches made from old chairs and bed headboards/footboards are popping up everywhere across the web.  Here's one, French Style, from An Oregon Cottage:




I tried one of these recently.  It was a fun project and, although I am not a carpentry whiz, I was able to figure it out with a bit of help from a strong arm!  The picture is poor, as the bench is crammed inside my garage waiting for the snows to pass to be taken to the studio.  (hopefully, by my weekend studio sale event starting the 27th of February)  But, here's a glimpse...


a little distressing to do, and it's good to go!

Not sure this qualifies as a bona fide hack, but a small, noteworthy decor idea to add a nautical theme to your home decor.  Using jute rope to hang draperies.  Love it!





I've had this one "on the list" for some time, from Sherry at her blog, nominimalisthere  - a Ballard Design catalog re-take.  I like the worn old world look that she has captured.

love the armillary, too - have a few to sell at the sale event...

As it's a snowy day here AGAIN in CT, I may just have to go hack something. What (not who!) will my victim be?

Have you done any hacking lately - home decor, that is?   Tell me about it - comment below!

1 comment:

  1. The photography on a blog of a gal from Brazil is vibrant and eye-catching. She featured a wooden crib (she calls it a "cot") transformed into a craft and storage desk. It has a great look and appears quite easy to do.
    Real wood Crib |
    Crib made in USA

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...