23 December 2012

Distressed Number Tags

It started innocently enough.  I wanted to stamp tags for a few of my holiday gifts.  Not for the grandkids gifts, of course, because they don't even look at the tags - lol.  Their big saucered eyes are intent on what's ON THE INSIDE of the wrap.  The tags don't stand a chance!

So I took out some stamps and pads and tags ...


I had spent some time the day before "perfecting" my tag distressing skills, after doing a little research.  To date, my tags were nice enough, but missing the "now, THAT'S the look I want" factor.  For me, it was the time in the oven that clinched it.  (I had been using the air-dry or microwave method.)  The oven dry gives them the deeper, splotchier (is that even a word?) look I was after.



And, as it sometimes (OK, often) happens, one thing just kind of led to another, and I remembered I had a stash of these inventory tags I bought a while back.


I decide to give them a dip in the coffee, and a little oven toasting while I was at it.

back side of the inventory tag, antiqued and dried
The pre-holiday clock was ticking, but I gave in to my "need to create" despite it ... oh, my - how the mind can wander!  I quickly hand wrote the gift tags (my original task at hand) - and went back to my tag distraction...

I surveyed my rubber stamps and decided on "numbers", a recurring theme of preference for me.   I stamped away...


and away....



Tags, tags, everywhere - and I even listed some in my shop...

added some twine to some
Okay, I still have a pile of gifts to wrap, and packing to do, and was GOING TO make some cookies, so I'll be on my merry way, happy for the little creative distraction in the midst of the holiday mayhem.

May you all enjoy a little distraction ... and have a wonderful, healthy, warm-spirited holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...