02 August 2012

Dog Days of Summer



I don't know about you, but it's about this time every summer that the weeds in my garden seem to have the upper hand and the plants get straggly looking.  It takes a lot of work to keep the garden fresh and clean looking like it does in the earlier part of the season.  Rather than let it get you down, I thought of some ways to pump you up and recharge your gardening spirit.  Hope they help!


Some bits of inspiration...

"With landscaping, you never seem to reach a point when you feel the job is complete."
...author unknown

so very true.


take some photos of your favorite blossoms and create cards, or put them in vintage frames to enjoy when winter gets you down
find an old watering can and paint numbers or some flowers on it

get a binder and create ideas for next years garden...these two gardens are from Better Homes and Gardens
use the great summer produce to liven up your menus - here, Black Bean, Quinoa and Citrus Salad

 I want these right now!  Summer Corn Cakes - yum!!!
Well, this has nothing to do with gardening, but thought I'd share a bit of progress I've made in setting up my studio shop...   

one display wall, ready for pricing - yippee!  I love the playing with displays - kind of like putting a puzzle together!
Heading home to see what's ripe in the garden to inspire me to cook something nice for dinner ... have a pleasant evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...