21 February 2012

The Versatile Blog Award

A comment on my blog posts from Isobel of the Coldham Cuddlies blog is always a welcomed sighting. A sense of sincerity, kinship, and good-naturedness radiate from her remarks, and I'm always delighted to have her visit.  The other day was
no exception, but  Isobel's comment that day hit an extra high note of jubilation for me!  She nominated me for a "Versatile Blog Award".  And, before I go further, I want to say "thank you" to her for the nomination, and for her friendship!  You must sneak a peek at her blog - she's a busy and talented lady!

Initially having no idea what that was all about, Isobel, in her usual fine fashion, had also given me explicit instructions on how to handle this "prestigious" award.  In accepting this designation, as with any other important life event, there are certain inherent "responsibilities".

First, I am to publicly divulge seven factoids about myself.  (looked it up!  ... factoid -  (noun) a small and often unimportant bit of information)  Not so easy, I'm finding, but here goes:

1.  I view everyday on this earth as a gift, and one I want to be worthy of and never take for granted.
2.  I love corn (the vegetable! not the foot ailment or type of humor) in almost any form.  And a nice glass of crisp, chilled sauvignon blanc.
3.  My two grandkiddies mean the world to me - I am so very much enjoying watching them grow into wonderful little people.
4.  I love junkin' ventures.  Discovering rusty, old, and lovingly distressed items with a history or a story inherent in their being.
5.  I never mind dirt if it means I'm digging in the garden.
6. Working really hard on a project is something I truly enjoy - be it gardening, household stuff, paperwork, creating, whatever.  I don't mind working hard to get where I want to be in life.
7. I was a high school Home Ec. teacher for 29 years, and survived.

And, true to my being, I did a little further investigation to find out more about this Versatile Blog award.  First, I found a website to help me sort it all out, which gave me some perspective.  After reading and digesting the comments, my "take" on it is that the award is a token of comradeship, a mutual respect and admiration bonding between bloggers - all good stuff in the blogosphere.

That being noted, the next step I have in accepting this nomenclature is to pass the Versatile Blog Award torch to fifteen other fellow bloggers.  I am delighted to recognize the following blogs, based simply on the fact that they are a good "read"; they inspire and delight me in some fashion! (in random order...)


I'm sure when you visit these blogs, you'll know exactly why I've chosen them - drop on over!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for those kind words, Karen - much appreciated. Have to also thank you for all the background information regarding the Award - I was so blown over at getting it, I just sat down and attended to it (if I hadn't, nothing would have happened - such is life these days!) I now value the award that much more.

    Will try to find the time to visit your nominations. Their names sound most inviting and am sure there should be much in common between us all.

    Thanks again. Looking forward to your next blog (the latest is much to fattening and bad for a diabetic (Husband) and me (trying to lose a few extra pounds!)

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen...
    You are my hero if you were a home ec. teacher--one of my favorite subjects in high school. Many thanks for choosing me to receive one of the Versatile Blogger awards. One of these days I shall sit down and share 7 things about myself.
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and thanks for thinking of me. I really enjoyed reading your seven factoids. We have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    congratulations to you and thank you so very much for thinking of me
    but my Blog is award free.Sorry.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congradulations and Thank you very much for thinking of me and my little blog. I was very surprised and honoured when I opened up my comments, I had to pass this award on! Please check back and read my seven facts! And believe it or not, I did not know how to use the Link tool before this, so I have learned a new skill! I am not a computer savvy person, my hubby takes care of that department!
    Have a wonderful week and again Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...