no exception, but Isobel's comment that day hit an extra high note of jubilation for me! She nominated me for a "Versatile Blog Award". And, before I go further, I want to say "thank you" to her for the nomination, and for her friendship! You must sneak a peek at her blog - she's a busy and talented lady!
Initially having no idea what that was all about, Isobel, in her usual fine fashion, had also given me explicit instructions on how to handle this "prestigious" award. In accepting this designation, as with any other important life event, there are certain inherent "responsibilities".
First, I am to publicly divulge seven factoids about myself. (looked it up! ... factoid - (noun) a small and often unimportant bit of information) Not so easy, I'm finding, but here goes:
1. I view everyday on this earth as a gift, and one I want to be worthy of and never take for granted.
2. I love corn (the vegetable! not the foot ailment or type of humor) in almost any form. And a nice glass of crisp, chilled sauvignon blanc.
3. My two grandkiddies mean the world to me - I am so very much enjoying watching them grow into wonderful little people.
4. I love junkin' ventures. Discovering rusty, old, and lovingly distressed items with a history or a story inherent in their being.
5. I never mind dirt if it means I'm digging in the garden.
6. Working really hard on a project is something I truly enjoy - be it gardening, household stuff, paperwork, creating, whatever. I don't mind working hard to get where I want to be in life.
7. I was a high school Home Ec. teacher for 29 years, and survived.
And, true to my being, I did a little further investigation to find out more about this Versatile Blog award. First, I found a website to help me sort it all out, which gave me some perspective. After reading and digesting the comments, my "take" on it is that the award is a token of comradeship, a mutual respect and admiration bonding between bloggers - all good stuff in the blogosphere.
That being noted, the next step I have in accepting this nomenclature is to pass the Versatile Blog Award torch to fifteen other fellow bloggers. I am delighted to recognize the following blogs, based simply on the fact that they are a good "read"; they inspire and delight me in some fashion! (in random order...)
I'm sure when you visit these blogs, you'll know exactly why I've chosen them - drop on over!