24 January 2012

Another reason to love Etsy...

Not only is there an AMAZING array of wonderful products on the Etsy site, but on a daily basis I'm blown away by the talent of people from around the world that make such inspiring and creative items.  Seriously!

And the people that you "meet" - both buyers and sellers - are giving, and personable, and engaging.  Another reason to love coming to my studio to "work" everyday, and another reason to love Etsy!

A short bit ago, I posed a question in the Etsy forums.  A simple, but, granted, weird question.  I'm looking for a real, natural, unoccupied (!!!) hornet's nest.  Yes, for real.  Tell you why in a sec.  Within minutes, I had responses from people I will never meet face to face, but took time out of their busy day to respond to my query.  Never ceases to amaze me.

OK - why I am looking for such an obscure item:  I have a studio/warehouse that I work from each day listing, producing, shipping, etc. items for my two Etsy shops.  It's my plan to run seasonal studio sales from here when the weather is conducive.  And I want the place to look good and be inviting.  And, truth be told, I love things of nature, and am REALLY into birds nests - they intrigue me.

So I'm thinking spring and thinking I want to start planning these sales, and want to spruce up the joint.

Above the door to my studio, I have a sign which I've adorned with some tree branches and I want to place a hornet's nest amid the branching.  I'll also do a nest, but I can create or find one of them more easily than a hornet's nest.

Well, there you have it - the story in a nutshell, weird but true.

But, gee, thanks to you all who responded and gave me another reason to love Etsy today!  You're the best!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you find one, it would look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must confess to ignorance as to why a Hornet's nest (potentially nasty, stings proliferating) is preferred to a bird's nest! Look forward to hearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, how creative of you to incorporate a hornet's nest and a bird's nest - very yin/yang of you. namaste

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...