11 June 2011

It Says a Lot!

Every once in awhile something really hits home...in this case, for me, a quote.

I received this in my mailbox today;  the author Sheldon Allan "Shel" Silverstein (September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999), was an American poet, singer-songwriter, composer, cartoonist, screenwriter and author of children's books.  (hence, the direction to the audience in the quote)  Translated into 20 languages, his books have sold more than 20 million copies.  

The quote came from Compendium, a great source of "live-inspired" products that I used to carry in my brick and mortar store - always very popular, always very well done.  They send out a weekly inspirational quote - this one says a lot more than its thirty-four words to me. 

Just thought I'd share...
 

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...

Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. 

-Shel Silverstein


Blue Horizontal line




2 comments:

  1. Hey there, That is very inspiring. Thanks. Nice blog by the way.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - Welcome to my blog - nice to have you here. I appreciate your kind comment! Do drop by often......

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...