17 June 2011

Garden Gizmos Fun and Functional ... and one for Etsy, too

I've been in a "I've just gotta create mode" lately.  Unfortunately, I  haven't noticed any additional hours added to the usual 24 so I've been grabbing a moment here and there when I can. I seized the moments to create a few garden items that were fun to do, and functional, too.

At a neighborhood yard sale I bought an old coffee percolator for yep! 50 cents (had no innards).  At Lowe's I had purchased a cute little succulent plant that needed a permanent residence - so I married them and here's the happy couple...
Love Garden Gizmos!
In the bottom of the pot I drilled a few drainage holes, and placed 3 or 4 basket type coffee filters before filling with cactus/succulent soil mix (the filters work great to keep the soil from leaking out).  I used an old cake pan for a drip pan - gives a whole new meaning to cake and coffee, right?  I think it was a marriage made in heaven....

The cucumbers in the garden seem to be enjoying the seemingly daily rain we've had of late, so it was time to provide them with some support.  We all need a little support - yes?

I have a stash of driftwood in the garden shed so I created a trellis from some of the longer pieces, crossed with some horizontal "rungs".
I added a bamboo stake to the back for additional support.
front and center - the finished trellis!
Decided I needed a new "thank you" tag to enclose with purchases from my Etsy shops - wanted something fun, easy to create, and utilizing things I had already purchased.  From an Etsy shop called foryoo I had ordered a rubber stamp with my shop/website URL's to create pricing tags for warehouse sales ( I use Avery manilla shipping tags.)   I pulled out some Kraft cardstock and cut random shapes, punched each with a hole and tied it with a piece of string.  Couldn't then resist the urge to add a cute little bird image, and, poof!  here's the tag:


I'm lovin' it!  Plenty of room to add a little personal note to show my appreciation for the sale and fun to have a bit of a new look....

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...