17 May 2011

She's..............................Back!

Yes, guilty of neglect, this blog.  I didn't know how neglectful I had been till I saw the date of my last post.  How can it be that time just evaporates into thin air?  My life has been incredibly busy (wonderfully so), but I really had no idea it had been that long.  

What have I been up to, you may ask???

1.  Spring has sprung and the garden has demanded my attention.  And a garden is a wonderful place to lose some time!
2.  The house has also demanded its due share of my time - cleaning, removing the winter decor and freshening up the nest. 
3.  I'm one of those gals who still likes to change over my winter to summer clothes (and vice versa), up and down from the attic 30 times or so.  For me, it's a rite of passage to the new season, and I love looking at all new colors in my closet.  Good workout, too!
4.  I'm in creative mode - sooooooooooo many things I want to make.  I'll show you some examples of recent creations in a sec....
5.  We've been to the new Bog Cabin six out of the last seven weekends, setting it up and finding our way there.  It has so heightened my appreciation of nature;  I feel so at peace there.  Will share a few of those pics, too.  As much as I love it, it has shortened my work week leaving early Friday and coming home midday Monday.  For the first few weeks, we had no internet service so blogging was not even in the picture.
6.  I've been on the junkin' trail - curbside and dumpster shopping as folks have done some of their spring cleaning.  I have found some amazing things. I've also hit several terrific estate sales -  I so love the hunt...
7.  I've been working on my two Etsy shops - upcycling goods, listing, renewing - it sure takes time, but I sure love it!

But I've missed my blogging and so gotta make time for it.  I'll live up to the "Just Do It!" philosophy.....

With the exception of the pots of lemon verbena, bay leaf and meyer lemon which I wintered indoors, everything you see here has sprouted from last season.  The technique I used from one of my gardening books was quite a success - I topped each bed with four layers of newspaper and weighted them down (used my texas tomato cages) for the winter and it certainly has cut down on the weeding I will need to do.  Hoorah!
One of my favorite crops, the arugula is up and so tasty - such a pleasant surprise to find after a tough winter.  I love it best with a simple dressing of good olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon, lemon rind and fresh parmesan.  With good crusty bread, it's the best.  You must try it!  

Making handpainted signs have been a new learning curve for me:

You know I have to do nests!
the wire was a fun twist for me to try....
found the bird house a sale and upcycled it with some vintage parts - fun to do, and easy!
and now, the bog cabin - setting up the kitchen
the new porch,  and a little garden art I'm working on - that's the frame of an old wheelbarrow against the tree.  I made a planter box to put on it....
drilled some drain holes in the bottom, maybe stain it barn red to match the house?
If you're new to my blog, I hope you'll jump on board and be a friend!  If you've been wondering where I've been, thanks for caring.  I'll try to be more attentive!  

Would love to hear what you've been up to to....this is a busy time of the year, for sure, but for me busy is good!  I trust it is for you, too - right?

Will do a mini tutorial on my sign making in a day or so...I've had a few inquiries, so I'll share.  Drop on by!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks wonderful! It's hard for me to keep up with the blogging too - when the weather is nice and there is gardening to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...