01 March 2011

Random Resources

A quick sharing today. 

I'm trying really hard to learn as much as I can to incorporate some new elements to my blog, website, and Etsy shops.  I think I've mentioned before how impressed (ok - jealous!) I am with all the great creative things I see people do on or with their sites/shops when I'm cruising around the web everyday.  And I have this thing that I really want/need to learn something new everyday to add dimension and enrichment to my life.

So I'll share.

Grant you I'm a late bloomer with all this so bear with me.  Hopefully as I get better ( and, damn, I will!) you might find something new you can use and enjoy, too.  I'll share resources once a week or so - and perhaps, you have some you might share here, too.  Just add them to the comment section or shoot me an email and I'll share here.  

Two quickies today....

I always wondered if there was a way to quickly and easily add text to images.  There is, and it's free, and it's super simple.  The website is called PicFont.  I use it with my avatars and have created "thank you" inserts for my Etsy shipments with it, putting my url on it for marketing purposes.  It's in my favs and I use it all the time.  Here's a few I've done recently:

Holiday Tag for a Show and Sale
"Thank You" insert for Etsy shipment
This next one is totally new to me.. I saw a blog the other day where the pictures were bordered and done collage style down the center of the page.  It looked great - really popped on the page and added real pizazz.   So I did some hunting around (I will say I can be resourceful - and enjoy the hunt!) and found a site called picnik.  I created the usual account and set about trying to do a bordered collage of three of my images - start simple, ya know!
It's on my new website!  (www.thewellseasonednest.com)
Amazing!  In about two minutes (=/-) I DID it!  I did eventually sign up for the premium subscription to make easier downloading and other features available to me.  

Two new toys for me to play with.  Give them a try and let me know what you think...   

3 comments:

  1. That's one of the things I love about blogging. To stay current you have to be willing to learn and evolve with the technology. I love the challenge!
    Have a beautiful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Karen. I saw that you just recently joined my blog as a "following friend," so I thought I would come by and say hello. I also took a peek at your website and Etsy shops while I was here, and joined you as a follower, as well. ;)

    I would love to have you join my weekly linky party - Time Travel Thursday. The link goes up on Wednesday nights, and you can link a post for just about anything. And starting this Friday, I'll be hosting another five-week-long party - "Funny Faux Pas Follies". Both of these events would be great ways to get some exposure for you and your shops. I just ask that participants put a link back to my blog in the post they link or add my button to their sidebar.

    Anyway, I'm glad to have you as a blogger friend and look forward to visiting again.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you both for your friendship and warm welcome! It's a nice blogging world out there...and I'm beginning to feel right at home. Nice.... ~Karen

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...