11 January 2011

A quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. ... and so I begin

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Welcome!

I've been planning this launch for a few weeks now, and as today is 1.11.11 it seems fitting for my first post.  Sort of reminds me of the day we brought our newborn home from the hospital (my son is now 35!).  We had planned and prepared for months, and eagerly anticipated his arrival.  To the best of our knowledge, everything was in place.  I remember carrying him into the house in his infant carrier and placed him on the dining room table.  The funny thing was we didn't know what to do next!  He wasn't crying, his diaper was dry, and he basically didn't do anything else!

And that's pretty much how I feel now.  I THINK the template is properly in place and all the "gadgets" lined up, but time will tell...

At any rate, I'm glad to be here in the blogging world.  I've always loved to write.  I'm not sure yet what I have to offer to the community, but I'll give it my best shot!  I'm not into glittery or frilly things but do think I have a sense of design and an interest in sharing with you -  and becoming a devoted blogger.  I do know that I've read a ton of blogs lately and have found a lot of amazing talent out there, and seemingly friendly faces.  I do know I have to find my rhythm and, as they say, "get my groove on"!  

I hope you'll let me know what you think as I start my journey.  I look forward to your company!

More tomorrow - it appears it's going to a very snowy day here along the eastern shoreline of CT...



6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Welcome to the blogging world. Look forward to following you on here. Love the story of bringing home your son, that was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've got the gist of it! Good job for your first post! I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! I am also a newbie blogger... i also felt that once everything is set up, you can really have fun! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere, Karen! There's a vast expanse of creative talent out here, and it's so much fun to discover newbies - almost daily. I think you'll enjoy this adventure. By the way, your start date is quite memorable - 1-11-11.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome, fellow bloggers! Muchly appreciated....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the life of the blogger! Im new to it too. Half the time I dont know what to write about because when it comes to jewellery making there's only so much one can say! haha.

    Your blog is looking very nice so looks like you got into the swing of things with it very quickly!

    Pop over and say hi sometime!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...