19 January 2011

Off to the ACRE show in Orlando

motivationI thought things were supposed to quiet down after the holidays - one could take a little breather, get caught up, re-group, make plans for the next season ahead, etc. etc...For reasons unknown, it's just not happening here!  Not complaining, mind you - business has been brisk, and, at least the holiday decorations are tucked away in organized fashion for next year's holiday season.  The weather has created a continuous intrusion into daily life here along the CT coastline.  We've had several snowstorms boom, boom, boom.  The last was mostly ice - no fun!  More snow coming tomorrow into Friday, but this time....

I don't even care!!!!  I'm on my way to the airport for an afternoon flight to Orlando for close to a week..  All reservations are made and credentials are in place for the ACRE show.  This is a show to be reckoned with - ACRE Orlando will feature about 600 juried wholesale artists among seven distinct juried showcases - Handmade Jewelry, Handmade Gifts & Accessories, The Gallery of Fine Crafts, The Gallery of Fine Jewelry, Handmade Wearable Art, and One-of-a-Kind, with Emerging Artists who are brand new to trade shows, sprinkled throughout.   Eye candy profusion!

I will come back refreshed and renewed, full of great ideas, and "in" on the newest and finest.  Another highlight of the show for me is the Retailer Resource Section - chock full of new goodies to play with!

When I get back,  I'll have much to share - and will finally be able to dig back into the work (play!), and connect more fully into this blogging world...

Till then, or I may pop in in the meantime...stay well and start thinking Spring.....

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say Welcome to Blogsville and I believe that right now you are about 30 minutes away from me as I live close to Tampa and I believe your in Orlando.
    Your blog will do just fine, just write and comment on others and you;ll see they come looking for you.. Good luck and I will be back to check up on you... so keep going !!!
    barbra joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbra Joan - Thanks so much...how nice of you! I was hoping for a little more warmth here in FL, although today is pretty nice. I will say it sure beats the weather in the northeast right now, so I'm really not complaining! I look forward to hearing from you again. Enjoy your Monday....

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped by ... please leave a comment and share your thoughts with me ...